Sunday, July 18, 2010

Victoria and Albert Museum

This Sunday I spent going to two museums, the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Science Museum. The V&A is a museum of art and design and houses many collections from around the world. There were so many wonderful things to see in the museum, I could spend days there! Here are some of the highlights from my visit.


There is a courtyard in the center of the museum with a wading pool water feature. There are also beautiful hydrangeas that line the courtyard.



The V&A has an excellent fashion collection with outfits from many different eras and designers.


This coordinated with the Quilt exhibit that I went to last month at this museum.

Some of the stained glass on display at the museum.

There was some interesting jewelry in the metalworks collection. I really liked these bangles.

The museum had a collection of original artwork from the Peter Rabbit stories by Beatrix Potter.

The museum houses a great jewelry collection, I loved the display of rings.

A a spiral staircase from the medieval and renaissance time period. The treehouse was from the architects build small spaces exhibit.

There was a large collection of ironworks pieces. There were so many great pieces.



In the center of the main entrance area of the museum there is a really cool blown glass piece. And in case you missed my face...here it is!

I thought the glass hall was really cool...and I thought to myself this is probably not the best place for accident prone me to be in...but I still walked through it (and I am happy to report no accidents happened).


One of the special exhibitions at the museum is on Grace Kelly. It was amazing. The clothes and accessories were wonderful to see. Unfortunately I couldn't take pictures in the exhibit, but I could take one of the dress at the entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment