Thursday, July 22, 2010

Covent Garden

I spent a good part of the day on Wednesday conducting site visits with students at their internships. Then on Thursday we had class in the morning and then a free afternoon. I ended up walking around part of West End London. I walked from Piccadilly Circus to Leicester Square. I had been to Leicester Square early in our trip, but I hadn't really been back. This is where movie premieres happen in London and they were setting up for a premiere for tonight.



I went back to the National Portrait Gallery today to look at a new exhibit that opened this week. It was called the Road to 2012 and highlighted people making the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games happen in London. There was a mix of organizers, coaches, and athletes featured in the exhibit. You will have to take my word that it was cool, because I couldn't take any pictures in the galleries.

After walking through Leicester Square, I walked over to Covent Garden. This is a very pretty area with a market and an area that is known for street performers. I enjoyed walking through the stores and stalls in the area as well as seeing some of the street entertainment.


This quartet was a pretty good act to watch. I was impressed that they even danced while playing.

2 comments:

  1. So I'll admint, I've been pretty slack about posting comments. Your trip pictures are amazing! I love them...ALL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you wait around and try to stalk Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise at the movie premiere?

    ReplyDelete