Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Consumerism in a Museum!

MuseumVert_small.jpg

Today I went to the Museum of Brands, Packaging, and Advertising. Remember that I am getting a PhD in Consumer Economics...so a museum about consumers and consumer products is a pretty intriguing thing. This is a small museum in the Notting Hill area, so I was able to walk through the beautiful neighborhood and through part of Portobello Road Market.


The museum has thousands of products and brands that are set up in a timeline starting from the Victorian Age (in the late 1800's) to present day. It was pretty impressive how much products have changed over time. I was more impressed how well packaged and branded products were as early as the 1800's. Sadly, I was not allowed to take pictures in the museum, but here is one I swiped from the museum's website.

MOB_Pack-Master_WEB-SQ.jpg


Tonight I am going to see the third Twilight movie: Eclipse. It was just released in the UK on the 9th, so now I can finally see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment