Monday, July 19, 2010

Science Museum

On Sunday I went through part of the Science Museum. It was a really cool museum with lots of different exhibits and activities. I was able to go through 2 of the floors and also saw an IMAX movie. I saw they IMAX Deep Sea 3D. The movie was narrated by Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet (random, but entertaining!).



I went through the space section (sorry the pictures are a little dark):





This picture is made out of gumballs!

I also went through the household section. I was pretty excited to see a section on the history of household technology in a museum (yes I know I am a dorky grad student).


Evolutions of ovens and toasters.

Stand mixers through history.

Garment steamers and irons.

Sewing machines.

No home is complete without a TV.

The museum also had a section on fashion and how clothes are made. This section also included clothes made from trash.

This dress is made from newspapers. The train is all origami swans.

This is a skirt made from paper.

1 comment:

  1. From your pics, I think I would've enjoyed that museum as well!! Soooooo cool!!

    ReplyDelete