Saturday, July 10, 2010

Two Hemispheres

Thursday morning (as usual) we had class. This week we had a guest lecturer speaking about London at war. It was really interesting to hear about the city during World War 1 and World War 2. After class a group of us went up to the Prime Meridian in Greenwich. That's right, I was in two hemispheres at one time!

Hiking up to the Royal Observatory.

The official clock!






In two places at once!

London's only planetarium.

To get to the line (the official marked one) and the Royal Observatory, we had to climb up to the top of a very steep hill. It was a little warm to be doing that kind of hiking, but it was great once we got up to the top. There was an amazing view!


1 comment:

  1. I have so thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your pics!! Thank you so much!! I feel like I'm there with you, even though, sadly, I'm not. :(

    ReplyDelete