Sunday, July 25, 2010

London Zoo

Sunday afternoon I spent at the London Zoo. The zoo is in Regent's Park which is the park near where I live. The zoo was awesome! It was a great day and I had a ton of fun visiting it. The zoo had a lot of different exhibits and animals.


One of the scenes in Harry Potter was filmed at the London Zoo. It is the scene where Harry figures out he is a wizard at the snake pit. I was impressed that the zoo even had a sign pointing out which part of the reptile house it was filmed in.



I was amazed with the multiple bird exhibits, where you were in with the birds. It was amazing to get so close to some of them.


Look how close I was to these birds!


Alex demonstrating just how close you could get to the birds! Can you tell we were amazed by this?

The zoo had a butterfly exhibit that was really good.

It was shaped like a Caterpillar!

There were some beautiful butterflies and moths in the exhibit.


There were several just hatching.



Here are some other pictures from my day at the zoo. Sorry there are so many, it was just a fun day that I wanted to take lots of pictures!

Pelicans

Flamingos

In the Outback Area.

The tiger was right by the glass, it was so close.

The zoo has an aquarium, it is the first aquarium in the world. It opened in 1853!


Dinner time for the giraffes! It was great to see them so close.


Pumbaa and Timon were at the zoo too!

No comments:

Post a Comment