Monday, July 12, 2010

London Sea-Life Aquarium

Today I spent part of the day grading student papers (a lot of homework assignments are due on Mondays). I also did my first two site visits with students on their internships today.

In the late afternoon/early evening, I met my friend Alex (after she got off of work) and went to the London Aquarium. It was a pretty neat aquarium, though not quite as big and interactive as the Georgia Aquarium. We went late in the day (right before closing) so there were not many people there which was nice.

The building that houses the aquarium.



The sting ray bay. Sadly, this aquarium did not have a sting ray petting area...apparently it is bad for their health.

One of the big sting rays.

Some of the sharks.

Such colorful fish!

The beautiful sea turtle at the aquarium.

Tell me why in the rainforest section one of the tanks had a longhorn skull in the bottom of it?

2 comments:

  1. Of course petting sting rays is bad for their health... but if it gets people through the door and makes money, then its okay. Right?? That's how the Mall of America does things!!!

    Now the longhorn... I don't know how to explain that one. Maybe it visited the rainforest, went for a swim and ran into some seriously hungry pirahnas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it probably isn't good for them....but it is a little disappointing when you see the open top tank that used to be a touch tank. Then you read the sign saying no touching....so not fun.

    ReplyDelete