Thursday, June 24, 2010

Only a little behind...

So I need to get better about posting pictures daily...otherwise it just becomes overbearing to post again. I will start with Tuesday. Tuesday I attempted to go to the changing of the guard. I took a bus there and it took like 3 times longer than I expected, so I didn't get a good spot, but I saw some cool stuff.

I walked past the horse guards on the way to Buckingham Palace.

Here are the guards on the street.

Gotta love the sign next to the horse guards...I guess there are people who don't know that.

The guards assembling for the ceremony.

The striped lawn chairs in St. James Park. I walked through the park on the way to the palace.

Today the Queen was home, you can tell by the flag being flown on the palace.

I attempted to take some video this time, but blogger isn't letting me upload it. Hopefully I can get it uploaded later.

I also found some of the soldiers with the bear skin hats. There were two at attention then a group of them marched through (I had some good timing to be there).



Statues of Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mother) and King George the VI.

On Tuesday I also went to the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery. I couldn't take pictures inside at the museums, but let me tell you there were some awesome paintings and portraits between the two places.

No comments:

Post a Comment