Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 20th: A Big Day!

I want to say Happy Birthday to my Mom and Happy Father's Day to my Dad! They gave us a double whammy with both events happening on one day this year. I hope you both have had a great day! Sorry I am not there to celebrate with the two of you.

Today a few of us went out to go to Leicester (pronounced Lester) Square. This is in the theatre and cinema area. This weekend was an event called West End Live, which was showcasing musicals and theatre performances. There were some complications (girls not on time and bus issues) that we didn't see too many performances, but what we saw was pretty cool.

It seems that Sex and the City 2 is still being promoted here and this large cinema had the glittery sign for it.

As we were going into West End Live, there was a set of famous cars from movies. You might recognize some of them:
Herby
BatMobile
The Ectomobile from Ghostbusters

One of the groups performing at the event.

We also went to Trafalgar Square were there was a large festival of some sort. I am still not sure what it was for, because I really couldn't read any of the signs. There were TONS of people there.

This is Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square, you can also see some of the tons of people at this event (whatever it was).

People painted as statues that you could take pictures of and with.

The fountain in Trafalgar Square.

Big Ben in the background looking across Trafalgar Square.

A large ship in an even larger bottle in Trafalgar Square.

Here are some other pictures I snapped while we were walking and riding the bus around today.

A peak at the London Eye.

Big Ben and Westminster
All three together. I don't think I will get tired seeing them. I still haven't gotten to walk around Parliament Square too much yet, soon I hope. I hope you don't get tired of seeing pictures of them!

Not far from where I live is the Polish Embassy, so I took a picture from my Polish friend Mike. Let me know if you need anything from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment