Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Camden Canals

Before I left for London I bought a set of cards called, City Walks of London. There are 50 different 1 to 2 mile walks through different parts of London. On Monday, I completed the first one through the Camden Canals.

Here are a few pictures from the canals:




Then I came across a Pirate Castle.

I walked past (and through) some of the markets along the canals. This market had lots of outdoor eating and lots of seating along the canal. The seats were from moped things.


I had to take a diversion (also known as a detour) as they were doing construction on part of the path along the canal. So I walked on the street and saw this cute church.



I could return to the canal in time to pass the Aviary that was built for Queen Mary.


I then left the canal and finished the walk by going through Regents Park. This park contains the London Zoo and has beautiful green space. I saw people out with their dogs, families with small children out playing, and PE classes playing cricket.

I could see some warthogs at the zoo and a camel from the walking path! You have to look carefully in the center of the pictures to see them.



Here are some other pictures from Regents Park, they have beautiful gardens and green space throughout the park.




1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! What beautiful pictures!!! I love reading about your adventures. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete