Tuesday, June 8, 2010

All by myself!

It is very quiet and calm in my house tonight, as I am all alone. While I am in London this summer, my parents have graciously agreed to (or were strong armed into) keeping Parker for me. The past few days we met for the tradeoff. We met in Paducah, KY, almost the half way point...I got the better end of the deal, it is closer to me.

We spent a little over a day in Paducah. I have stayed in Paducah several times when driving to/from Iowa for the holidays, but have never actually ventured out. It was a fun time. On Sunday night we drove down to their downtown and riverfront. You can basically drive all the way to the river.

Parker and I by the train near the Riverfront in Paducah.

On Monday, Mom and I had a sewing filled day. Paducah is home to the American Quilt Museum, so we went and toured that. There were some awesome quilts there...way more talent than we have! We also were able to feed our addiction and buy more fabric in the area. If you don't know it, we both like to buy fabric and have quite a stash built up. Dad thinks we have an illness.

It will be a lonely week for me before I leave without Parker, but I am so glad that he can stay with my parents while I am gone. I know he will be in good hands. Thanks Mom and Dad!!

Here is Parker on the car ride to Iowa...I have a feeling he is thinking, "Are we there yet?".

4 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your stash of fabric and your sewing skills, I must say! I will learn one of these days, I swear (please keep me to this!). I know you're going to have so much fun in London this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa (or should I say Cheers!) Have a wonderful trip in London! I will be obsessively reading your blog updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered what would happen to your doggie while you were gone. Thanks for the update! After having had to "purge" mom's house of fabric, I am slightly cured of that addiction, but I do understand! :-)

    Have a great time!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. In regard to your comment-- "There were some awesome quilts there...way more talent than we have!"
    You guys always sell yourselves short!!

    ReplyDelete