Monday, June 28, 2010

A good time to do some shopping!

Today I was able to do some tourist activities. I started by going to Old Spitalfields Market which is a covered market in London. Monday is a slower day in the market with only the permanent stores and a few stalls of vendors open. I was able to get a few really neat gifts and souvenirs. It was really cool experience and I can't wait to go back on a Sunday when it has all of its vendors there.


I also ventured to the well-known store called Harrods. This was an amazing and overwhelming experience. This store is huge! It takes up a whole city block and is 7 stories tall. I got lost several times They are having their once a year sale right now, so there were some good deals going on.



Harrods even had a section called Pet Kingdom. It is ridiculous the amount of stuff they had there and the price of everything. Sorry Parker, you won't be getting anything from Harrods!



They had a large section of Pet Fashions within the Pet Kingdom.



In the toy/gift section of Harrods, I think I found the best present for Avery, Madelyn, and Drew. I think I could get each of them one, I hope you have room in the house for these Beth! There are about 4 different versions of these very large bears, so I can get each one a different kind. I just need to figure out how I can afford them...these things were priced at 1,900 pounds, which is about 2,868.43 in US dollars given today's exchange rate.



In the underground level of the store, there is a memorial for Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed. Dodi's father was the former owner of Harrods. I didn't realize there was a memorial in the store, so I was a little surprised when I saw this while getting off the escalator.


On my way to Harrods I found this bakery with a scrumptious looking display. They also had individual slices of cakes, cheesecakes, and other treats below the cakes. I decided not to stop in...but I really, really wanted to! I may just have to go back in the next few weeks...


I will post soon about my other adventure of the day...going to the elephant walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment