Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Madelyn!

My sweet niece Madelyn is turning 3 today!  Where does the time go?  She is such a fun kid to be around (just like her siblings).  Madelyn and I share a special bond...we are the M's...of course both of us with an M name and also being the middle child.

For Madelyn's birthday this year, I decided I wanted to make her a special present, or presents I guess by the time I was done.  Here is what I made.

I spy bag.  I found this great tutorial here and thought this would be a great activity bag for Madelyn, especially to keep her occupied while in the car.


Hairbows.  Madelyn's hair has always been so fine, but this past year it has really grown in and gotten so long.  And I personally think hairbows are adorable!  I think these will also be great for Madelyn as she starts preschool this fall.  I made the bow one using this tutorial and the curly one using this tutorial.  Both super easy!



Tutu and Embellished Shirt
I embellished a t-shirt with a cute fabric and tulle flower.  It coordinates with the tutu I made, I figure every little girl could use an extra tutu.  I know Madelyn likes to play dress up and dance, so I thought this would be a perfect for her.  No tutorial used here (hmm...maybe I will have to create one!)  I love all of the pink and fluff of the tutu and hope she likes it as much as I do!


Close up of flower.

 Tutu, view 1

 Tutu, view 2

And just for good measure, a few more pictures of the M's!


 While she is cute, I don't think we could handle 2 Madelyns.



 Silly Madelyn!

 She rules everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment