Friday, September 3, 2010

Latest projects

Now that I am home from London, I have less exciting things to blog about. My regular life consists mostly of teaching, preparing to teach, answering student e-mails, reading for the class I am taking, etc. Luckily I am working on the balance in my life and am finding more time to do things I enjoy outside of work, like hanging out with friends and crafting! So, be prepared for my craft projects to be posted!

Here are a few of my latest projects:

I decided to try making a hooded towel for a friend's baby shower. It worked out pretty well (just don't look at the sewing too closely). I ended up making two, one with the blue trim and one with the pink trim.

All folded up!

The whole thing.

I found a really cute idea for bibs using scraps. I made two bibs (two different sizes) to try it out. I am still working out the sizes, but I think they are really cute. The smaller bib was a gift at the baby shower and the other was sent to my niece Madelyn with her birthday present (even though she is almost too old to wear bibs anymore).


The two bibs, can you tell which one went to the newborn and which one went to the two year old? ;)

I have a new stash of Amy Butler heavy weight fabric, I really love the Amy Butler's fabrics and am excited to start using the heavy weight fabric more. I needed to make a birthday present for a friend and had the perfect chance to try out the fabric. I am pretty happy with the end result, I almost didn't want to give it away. Guess I will have to make one for myself.


I attempted to make yo-yo flowers for the first time. I think they add a nice little detail to the bag (sorry the picture is a little blurry).

I have decided to participate in a challenge project from a local quilt shop. I was given a yard of the fabric below. It is a challenging fabric to work with because of the lines, print, and colors. Now I have to come up with a good idea of what to use it in for it for the competition. Suggestions are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like the perfect fabric for a vintage apron..the lines would be perfect little straps! And theres always a great pocket option :)
    BTW- I'm the friend with the newborn, everyone!!! Those gems went to ME!!!!!!!!! And I am SO excited to use them I'm about to bust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - LOVE what you've made! So fun! The bibs are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete